'Satisfied Customers have kept us in business'
The Company was formed in 1945, as Donald L Wood engineers. Operating from a small shed in Parkinson Street with Donald L Wood as owner operator.
The Company earned a good reputation and continued to expand. In 1992 after 20 years service with the company, Howard Marriot took over the business from the retiring Donald Wood.
The Company celebrated its 50th Anniversary in July 1995 and Steve Mann became a Partner after eight years service. In 1998 they moved the business to its present location and took the opportunity to rename it Eastland Engineering. At 840 sqm the new workshop was 4 times the size of the previous premises. With a two tonne gantry and a 20 tonne yard crane Material Handling was no longer an issue for the larger projects they were undertaking.
In 2004 Howard himself retired and Terry O Neill took over as owner/Manager. They have retained all their experienced staff and have gone from strength to strength, enjoying continual support from the Major companies in Gisborne.
We would like to thank the following companies for their continued support:
D Stevens Ltd, B J Moss, Currie Construction Ltd, C.R Taylor Ltd. City Construction Ltd, Francis Yates, Dawson Building Company, Watts & Hughes, GDC, Emms Homes, Landmark Homes, Jennian Homes, Bothwell Construction, Design builders, Roger Davies, L.D.E.